Sunday 4 August 2013

TBR Pile (TAG)

Hey guys! 

Long time, no post! So I thought I'd do a little tag here.
I was going to do it on my youtube channel but I have so many things to upload 
already and have so little time to film. 

So this tag involves my TBR pile and it involves picking out different books per scenario/question etc. 


1. Choose a book at random from your shelf. Which book is it?



'The Knife of Never Letting Go' by Patrick Ness. The only reason I selected this to show you is because of it's beautiful cover. The novel follows Todd, who lives in a town where everyone can hear each other's thoughts, although, one day Todd comes across a place of silence. I believe the plot develops from there, but I'm unsure. I hear good, bad, interesting things about this book, I simply picked it up on that basis. 






2. The hype monster has invaded your book shelf. Which book do you choose to throw at it?

'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner. There's 
so much hype surrounding this book, whether 
it's from Joey Graceffa's youtube videos or from 
the booktube community itself. The blurb does 
sound fascinating, however: Thomas wakes up 
only to remember his first name, he's 
surrounded by boys who welcome him to the 
Glade, an encampment at the centre of a 
bizarre maze. No one knows why or how they 
got there but every morning when the walls 
slide back, they will risk everything to find out. 
(Also, I love the book cover).




3. Pick out the book that has been on your shelf the longest.


'The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' by Stieg 
Larsson. This book has been on my shelf since
all the initial hype came about it in like 2009? I 
started to read it and got really confused by the 
names of places and characters and I
abandoned it. It just sits there now, waiting for 
me to make sense of it. I've put off watching the 
films as well because I NEED to read it first, but 
it's just so daunting. Again, I really like the 
cover. Gah! I love book covers!






4. Your pile has fallen over. Oh no! Which book do you rush to save?




'A Feast for Crows' by George RR Martin. I 
NEED to know what happens in the rest of this 
series, as soon as possible.
If you don't know, this is the fourth book in
Martin's 'A Song of Ice and Fire' series, and 
continues of from 'A Storm of Swords'. It's quite
a large book but I'm sure I'll devour it!









5. Pick out a sequel to a book you really enjoyed.



I'm going to have to pick another George RR 
Martin book, 'A Dance with Dragons: Dreams 
and Dust'. I don't really own many sequels, and 
the ones I do have, I've almost certainly read 
because I bought them in anticipation and
needed to read them asap. Apart from the 
'Chronicles of Narnia' series by C.S. Lewis, 
these are the only ones that remain unread. But 
I much prefer 'A Game of Thrones' over 'The 
Magician's Nephew'.



6. Which book is top of your pile (the one you're going to read next)?






'Misery' by Stephen King. I'm so excited to read 
this book! I've never read any Stephen King 
and he was one of the authors I mentioned in 
my '5 Authors I Haven't Read Yet' video. Out of 
all the ones I mentioned, I'm the most excited
about this for some reason. I love the simplicity 
of this cover, and I got it for like 33p at my local
book 'cycle'... BARGAIN! 











Thanks for reading guys!
Hope you enjoyed this little tag I did, you should certainly try it out. 
It's always nice looking through your TBR list and subsequently get excited about all the 
wonderful books you have yet to read. 

Have a lovely day,
Robert x

No comments:

Post a Comment