Sunday 16 September 2012

Two Weeks.

It's still two weeks away before the big move and time is still dragging.
My parents have returned from their cruise equipped with stories that they find interesting, I disagree.
I survived the two weeks, cooked food and washed my clothes so yeah, I'd say it's a success!

4 of my close friends have already gone to Uni and it's feeling incredibly strange; to see them tagged in photos of strangers, to see them on skype in their new room, in their new home... I can't wait until it's me.

Today I decided on my minors. The thing I love about my university is that you're not tied to one subject in your first year. It follows what I hear they do in America, in the sense that you select your major beforehand, in my case this was history, and then you later apply onto minor subjects. It appealed to me as I'm still unsure what I ultimately want to do in life and by studying three subjects it provides me with a greater scope of things. After reading through what was on offer, I ultimately decided on Politics and Religious Studies.

Politics is something that often infuriates me but I've been told that it's something people can see me doing because I can, at times, be very opinionated. Also, Politics is very closely linked to History and therefore it seemed a good choice. I also read the module for the first year and it seems really interesting and like I said, ties in with history perfectly.

Religious Studies is something I've always been interested in. I was brought up in a religious environment, and went to a Catholic primary and high school. R.E. was my best subject at GCSE, getting 94% in the first exam and 99% in the second. I do find religion incredibly fascinating and nearly dropped film studies in A2 to pick up Philosophy and Religion but was persuaded otherwise by my history teachers as it could be difficult and I obviously still had a passion for films.

It's hard, I think, not selecting film studies as i've always thought that was what I was going to do. I've always said I wanted to be a director but as I entered college I realised it was a very unrealistic dream and I had other passions that were much more reachable. I'd say films are more of an interest now than a career prospect, which is good in one way but sad in another. However, I can drop Religion or Politics in the first week and switch to film, if I so choose... and if there are places available.

I can't wait to get started. My modules look fascinating and i'm delving into things I've never even looked at before... I just wish it wasn't two weeks away as I'm pretty much ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment