Tuesday 20 August 2013

Bout of Books 8.0 | Update One

Hey guys, this is my first update in the Bout of Books 8.0 readathon.

You can see the Bout of Books blog here, and my introduction and goals here.

I'm currently reading 'The Sea of Monsters' by Rick Riordan and it's brilliant! This is the second in the Percy Jackson & The Olympians series, a 'Children's' fantasy novel that is rooted in Greek mythology, in which the gods of Olympus have come down to earth and had children with mortals and thus creating 'Half-bloods' such as Percy.

Percy has such a unique voice through the way he words things. But he introduces everything to the reader once again, at first I thought it was just a part of Percy, now it's annoying, but I guess it is so that children who read it don't forget information and can follow the books easily. It makes me wonder if Riordan continues this throughout the series.

So, I'm 101 pages into 'The Sea of Monsters', as I finished the remaining 135 pages of 'The Maze Runner' by James Dashner. I posted a review of it here. It wasn't the best book in the world but it had its moments.

I read 236 pages yesterday so I'm on top of my goals, today I haven't read anything though and it's already 12.30pm. I better get making progress.

Hope the readathon is going well for everybody, leave your blog in a comment if you wish so we can spur each other on together. 

I'll post a shorter update tomorrow and will probably post a mid-week update on my channel. 
See you soon, 

Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment