Friday 30 August 2013

Friday Reads | 30th August 2013

Well hello there, stranger! I know, I know, I'm being really bad at updating this wonderful blog, but never fear, I have remembered you!

No, seriously, why am I such a let down. My bout of books readathon updates have been left alone, and I shall hopefully address this in my 'August Wrap Up', but in the meantime, here's a 'Friday Reads' post. 

This Friday I will be reading: 

'THE ERSATZ ELEVATOR' by Lemony Snicket

Recently, when the bout of books page count was getting too much for me to handle, I decided to re-read 'A Series of Unfortunate Events', by Dan Handler's pseudonym, Lemony Snicket. 

This is the sixth book in the series, and I haven't actually read this one before. So far, it's as brilliant and as wonderful as ever. Book 6 carries on from the rest of the series, the never-ending cycle of Count Olaf trying to get his hands on the Baudelaires and their fortune. 
'The Ersatz Elevator' sees Violet, Klaus and Sunny stay with The Squalors, a very rich, very brilliantly satirical couple who are only now looking after the children because they're 'in' at the moment, meaning it's very favourable and stylish that you have orphans. 

The series kind of wilted with book 3/4 but now there's a more interesting story line developing and I can't wait to see where Violet, Klaus and Sunny end up. 


That's all for this week, hope you're having a wonderful 'Friday Reads' and I'll speak soon,


Robert :)

No comments:

Post a Comment