Friday 5 September 2014

WHAT BOOKS TO TAKE ON HOLIDAY!


Hey guys, Rob here.

So I know I've completely missed my opportunity to be helpful to any of you readers out there going away for the summer because summer is kind of over. Gutted! Everyone has been on holiday and now is the time to go back to school / uni / work / life and get on with things. So instead of this post being what books you should take on holiday with you, I'll be showing what books I plan to read on my holiday because SUMMER ISN'T OVER FOR ME... just yet.

On Sunday I head to Salou, Spain for a week with 11 uni friends. To say I'm excited is an understatement, and I'm sure those who have been lucky enough to holiday abroad know of such excitement. I intend to spend many days by the pool / sea / cocktails, reading. So here are the books I plan to take away with me and read whilst I'm there.





PHYSICAL BOOKS:

1. The Shock of The Fall by Nathan Filer



I've seen this one EVERYWHERE. A few book bloggers have mentioned it, it has favourable reviews and has even won the Costa Book Award for Book of the Year 2013. I'm not 100% sure on its content but its top shelves on goodreads include contemporary, mental health and mystery, so I am very intrigued. 


2. The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion 





I'm really excited about this one. I picked it up from my local book cycle so only paid a donation, which is great! I've seen it around and from what I gather it is about a man who has devised a plan/formula to find the perfect partner for him, and I'm not sure it goes exactly to plan. Sounds like a fun contemporary romance - perfect beach read! 

KINDLE READS:

3. Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Levithan 



I'm a huge fan of David Levithan - which is weird in a way because I've only read three of his books and one I wasn't too keen on. I just see him as an important writer within the YA field. He focuses on gay, lesbian and transexual characters and I love him for that. John Green on the other hand I have a love/hate relationship with. This is another contemporary read focusing on two boys named Will Grayson and I have no idea what else but it was like 99p so...


4. The 5th Wave by Rick Yancy




I caved. That's all I have to say. Too many people were talking about it and then Book Bub told me Amazon had it for really cheap one day so I just had to.


5. The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides





This incredibly popular book that led to the famous film by Sofia Coppola is something I know nothing about, therefore it makes the perfect read. Right? 

I know full well that these book will not all get read while away, but hey, everyone needs goals right?


I hope you're having a fabulous Friday and I shall speak soon,

AdiĆ³s!

1 comment:

  1. I've read and loved the first four of these! I'd love to read The Virgin Suicides at some point.

    ReplyDelete