Sunday 24 August 2014

Updates & the #CatchUpReadathon.

Hi everyone, welcome back. 

Today I thought I'd give a little update on my blog before I go and bombard you with posts that haven't been properly explained.






First of all, in regards to my 52 book reading challenge that I carry out on goodreads, I am on 43 books. This does however include short stories/books but also bigger books (hello A Song of Ice and Fire!) - so my progress is great and apparently I am ten books ahead of schedule, so that's fantastic! 

I haven't read much at all recently. Being in a slight slump - I've only been reading about 10 pages a night in the bath - oops, haha. Therefore, I've only finished one book since 'Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock' and that is 'Harry's Last Stand' by Harry Leslie Smith, which was phenomenal and I now feel particularly politically enthused. Thanks again to Leena from the channel JustKissMyFrog and Icon Books for sending that to me, a full review is certainly on the way! 



Also, slight announcement that I shall be participating in the lovely Sophie from The Book People's readathon, the #CatchUpReadathon. So while I'm here I'll give you a run down on the challenges / books I shall read. 



  • Read a book that has been on your bookshelf the longest.
'The White Queen' - I've had this well over a year and need to finish it ASAP!
  • A gifted book you haven't been able to read.
The first in the 'Fairyland' series was gifted to me as a part of Sarah Churchill's travelling book project.
  • The book you've abandoned. 
Margaret Atwood's famous dystopian has been abandoned a few times. Let's finish it!
  • The largest (page count) book you've been avoiding.
I have no clue if i'll manage this one - it's a beast! But an award-winning beast.


Well, that's all folks. Hope you can join in the readathon too, or if not be able to support be from the sidelines. I don't know how much I'll get read as I am working Monday, Tuesday and Saturday, but let's do this!

Rob. 

No comments:

Post a Comment