Friday 13 September 2013

Friday Reads | 13th September 2013

The Pact by Jodi Picoult. 
First published in 1998, 'The Pact' centres around two families (The Hartes and the Golds) who are very close neighbours, however one day the families are pushed into turmoil when one of the Gold's daughters, Emily, is shot in the head, supposedly by her boyfriend, Chris, the Hartes' son, as part as a suicide pact.

I'm currently in the Lake District in Cumbria, staying in a cottage in a lovely little village with the parents and the dog. The cottage has come equipped with its own bookshelf and I've just had to take advantage of the opportunity to read free books. One of the books is 'The Pact'.

I've only just started this, if you can spot, my little train ticket marks that I'm only 20 pages into this book and already we're thrust into the lives of the Hartes and the Golds. Every detail is described and every emotion written. So far, so good. I think I may enjoy this.

Why Didn't They Ask Evans? By Agatha Christie.

I read this on the journey to the lakes and it proved a really enjoyable, fun mystery that Christie is so famous for. The characters were a little incredulous but I found the mystery intriguing and the writing fantastic. All in all, I really liked it.

Note: Errors and unstructured layouts are all part of the fun of writing a blog post on your phone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment