Friday 3 January 2014

Friday Reads | 3rd January 2014

First of all, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

It's 2014, which means it's time to make resolutions we won't keep, grow another year older, and start panicking about how fast the previous year went. Seriously, I say this every year, but where did the year go?!

Anyway, one of my 'resolutions' a.k.a. 'things I'm going to do for maybe, a month?' is to post on my blog a lot more. I'm sure those who know me / read my blog know that posts are irregular and I'll be lucky to remember such a thing exists. HOWEVER (yeah, capitals, bolded and underlined - I'm attempting some seriousness here, guys), I intend to actually stick to this and if I don't well then, more fool me for being a complete waste of space.

So, I decided to start the year with a classic 'Friday Reads', something I rarely do but now intend to post every week or so on my blog, just so I've got something to definitely post on my blog. And with Friday Reads should come a review on at least one of those books read... hopefully, definitely.

This weekend I'm attempting to finish:

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (Heroes of Olympus #1)

I've become one of the Percy Jacksons and the Olympians series' number one fans after reading them last year, they're a great set of adventure stories that are more aimed at the middle-grade audience (9-12), but I can't help but read them or else I would feel like those middle-graders would have gained something I'd missed out on, and we can't have that happening. I need me some children's fiction, even if it does prompt strange looks on the bus to campus.
I'm currently (as of 9.27pm) on page 208 of 551, so I do have a bit to go but so far, so good. The series follows predominately new characters/heroes than its predecessor but that shakes the world up a bit, makes it a little more interesting as the opening was a fast-paced, fantastic one. Excited to finish this.

I'm not going to add anything more. I have a busy-ish weekend and this will probably be the only book I read, but, not bad, that'll make 2 books read within the first week of 2014, which means I'm on track to read a total of 52 books for the year (that's a book a week, but you worked that out already).

OK, I'm off to read and watch The Great British Bake Off.

Have a great weekend & Happy Reading,

Rob.

No comments:

Post a Comment