Friday 10 January 2014

Friday Reads | 10th January 2014

So the last Friday reads post that I wrote up was a complete fail. I remain on page 300 of 'The Lost Hero' by Rick Riordan due to my attention wavering and action lacking. 

However, I haven't been that bad this week, having read 'Sharp Objects' by Gillian Flynn and 'Giovanni's Room' by James Baldwin - both excellent novels!

But this Friday I shall be reading: 


'Never Coming Back' (David Raker #4) by Tim Weaver is the fourth in a series of crime novels, following David Raker who deals with finding missing people and bringing them back into the light.

I haven't actually read any of the other novels in the series but I'm hoping that I can find my place easily with it. So far it hints at a past to the characters, one I'm not sure was explored in the earlier books but I'm guessing it was so. I'm keeping up, though.

This novel follows Raker after a woman called Emily Kane comes to him after the disappearance of her sister and her family. It becomes evident that there's something more sinister at play here, and it's up to Raker to find out what. 

It has an interesting premise, i'm on page 46 at the moment and so far it's had a great start. Hopefully I'll stick to this read. 

Thanks for reading and i'll talk soon, 

Robert.

No comments:

Post a Comment